Wednesday, September 19, 2007

A Must Hear Original Song by an Unsigned Artist

In one of my previous posts a song was featured from a classical music student turned alternative artist, Terra Naomi, who has a great talent. Things weren't ticking before her virtual tour on youtube. After her appearance in this phenomenal community driven mass media so called youtube, her fame skyrocketed in an unprecedented rate. Well she didn't exactly end up getting triple platinum hits or anything like that on the basis of records sold, but she sure became the queen in virtual world as her fan base from all over the world grew amazingly leding her to become #1 most subscribed artist in musician category last year. This definitely moved her ahead in her musical career.

Last night I came across a video from another unsigned artist from UK, zzzzzzzzap, who has about 21 videos on his inventory right now - mostly original (only 6 were cover version performed in his own style). I enjoyed listening to his music which primarily has a laid-back ballad sensation and acoustical in nature. I'm sure he has a very bright future ahead of him.

For now enjoy one of his songs that got hit on the front page (featured section) of youtube.



Here's the comment along with lyrics for this song (unedited) which the artist himself posted on youtube.

"I know I'd told myself I was having a YT break but this song has been slowly writing itself and willing me to post it up.
It's a tad throwaway but I sometimes like that in music - it's not good to take yourself too seriously. I may add to it at a later date..
This goes out to all those lovely people who subscribed to my channel and, in their comments, remarked that my vocals should be pushed up (*cough*, bobsaguitarist..) Hope I didn't disappoint

:|

_________________________
The Ballad of The Existentialist

There's a world outside that window
Would you step into the sun?
Chasing shadows can't be in you
When the battle has been won

Try so hard to verbalise it
Understand it for yourself
Just find your feet and stand beside me
Don't put yourself back on the shelf

Just know that I'll be by my side, you..
The world is sinking deep inside..

Paint a picture, tell a story
Leave a trace behind to see
In years to come you'll call me boring
In your reflection you'll see me

Just know that I'll be by your side, you..
The world is sinking deep inside..

__________________
Peace"

No comments: