Monday, September 3, 2007

Labor Day 2007 Fireworks in Cincinnati

Here are the pictures I shot during the 31st Anniversary of WEBN fireworks that was held yesterday in Cincinnati on the banks of Ohio River. I've been attending this event for past 3 years. Each year to get different perspective, I've been going to the different location from where you can view this spectacular half an hour display organized by WEBN, the Rock Station of Cincinnati. This year I went to Eden Park, located on the top of the hill from where you can get a real nice view of Newport, KY, and Downtown Cincinnati separated by Ohio River. I admit that it can't beat the sensation one gets from watching the fireworks from the river bank itself (which I did last year), but there's no way I could've captured the entire firework as it happened if I was so close to the scene. And the best part is that I didn't have to waste any time on traffic after the show was over. Last year it took about 2 hours just to get home directly from the place of event (via driving route of 15 minutes in normal condition). Besides, I also avoided getting temporarily deaf due to the loud sound produced by the explosion.

So taking consideration of all these things I'd say yesterday's location is definitely worth visiting again.



External Links:

The Kentucky Post: Word of mouth (and fireworks) launched Riverfest
The Enquirer: Cincinnati fireworks going global
WEBN Rock Station
Cincinnati Bell

1 comment:

mutupisam said...

Thank you for the educative information
Www.mensclinicspecial.co.za